Re: [HIG] New release prior to ui-review?

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 06:09:37PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> In light of Glynn's recent GNOME 2.2 UI review email:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2002-October/msg00100.html
> it strikes me that it might be useful to do a new release of the HIG
> beforehand, to iron out any problems that we really don't want to
> perpetuate into GNOME 2.2 and beyond.
>
> Would people have time to work on this (I probably have a little, but
> not a huge amount), and what amendments do we think are necessary?

Looking at what can be done for 2.2:

Add the big scary list of all standard keybindings.
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/hig/2002-September/msg00015.html
  (et seq.)

Remove 4-spaces alignment in favor of allocation adjustment.
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/hig/2002-October/msg00009.html
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/hig/2002-October/msg00017.html
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/hig/2002-October/msg00019.html

Prohibit "Settings" menu.