Re: [HIG] New release prior to ui-review?

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 02:42, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 18:27, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > I like the idea of showing the changes between documents, if possible,
> > but all of those "This time for sure!" and "whoops! broke the build"
> > commit messages make it look hard.

Heh... if you're referring to my attempts to add a (static) marked-up
version to the HIG website, many of those commits were the result of me
trying to shuffle around other things at the same time... the file
management side of it wouldn't be a problem I don't think.  The HIG
build is notoriously fragile at the best of times :)

> I was talking with Calum about this a bit on IRC today, and it doesn't
> look like we currently have the computing power necessary to do this on
> the gnome.org servers.  Calum was reporting that it took 15 minutes to
> come up with the changes on the HIG.

Yes, it did... and that wasn't on a SPARC machine either :)

Fear not though, HIG authors and reviewers, there is now a marked-up
version for your perusal on the HIG website showing the differences
between the draft and v1.0.  Since the tools aren't on widget, you need
to re-generate it locally (which of course needs diffmk installed on
your machine) and commit the changes to the html files it generates.
But other than the 15 minute wait it's pretty painless.

Cheeri,
Calum.