[HIG] proposed policy issues

1) I suggest we strike the whole complicated View->Toolbars menu
setup. The Hide/Show Toolbar items can be in the View menu, since it
will be incredibly rare to have more than 3 toolbars, and the common
case is 1. The icons / text / both can be in the preferences menu or
the customize toolbars dialog.

2) I think we should have a section on UI design principles. We can
copy the one from IG2H and perhaps lift a couple more concepts from
the Aqua HIG or the original Macintosh HIG. The can (and should!) be
single brief paragraphs for each concept.

We don't want people to just follow this guide blindly, in a
cookie-cutter way - it takes some basic knowledge of the principles to
apply the guidelines effectively, and most GNOME developers don't have
that.

Also, the general principles are much harder to disagree with
than individual items, so if we can related the specific advice back
to the principles, we'll have a better chance of convincing
recalcitrant, opinionated developers.

I know this will make the guide a bit longer, but I think it will also
make it more effective.

Regards,

Maciej