[HIG] HIG - introduction

I think the introduction section, while it makes for a geat intro
article on usability, is inappropriate for the HIG. It's quite long
and drills down in great detail on a specific example. While case
studies are great, they do not belong in the introduction.

Instead of specific comments about this section, I decided to write an
alternate introduction. My introduction is inspired by the intros to
the Auqa Human Interface Guidelines, the original Macintosh Human
Interface Guidelines, and the Java Look and Feel Guidelines.

--------

Introduction

This document tells you how to create applications that look right,
behave properly, and fit into the Gnome user interface as a whole. It
is written for interface designers, graphic artists and software
developers who will be creating software for the Gnome environment.
Both specific advice on making effective use of interface elements,
and the philosophy and general design principles behind the Gnome
interface are covered.

These guidelines are meant to help you write applications that	are
easy to use and consistent with the Gnome desktop. Following thse
guidelines will have many benefits:

* Users will be able to learn to use your program faster, because
  interface elements will look and feel like those they are familiar
  with.

* Users (even advanced users) will be able accomplish tasks quickly
  and easily because the interface will help get things done instead
  of getting in the way.

* Your application will have an attractive look that fits in with the
  desktop.

* Your application will continue to look right in the presence of
  custom themes.

* Applications will be easier to localize because many of these issues
  have been considered in the Gnome architecture and these guidelines.

* Your application will be accessible to all users, including those
  with disabilities or special needs.

To help you achieve these goals, these guidelines will cover basic
interface elements, how to use them and put them together effectively,
and how to make your application integrate well with the desktop.