Re: [HIG] REVIEW: My first-pass review of HIG - Section 2

> Section 2.2.1.2 Printing
>
>         Nearly every app I've seen uses "Page Setup" instead of "Print
>         Setup;" I'd argue for leaving this as "Page Setup" without a
>         compelling reason to change.

Aren't these two different things?  I expect Page Setup to let me change
margins, column flow etc., and Print Setup to let me choose a printer
and configure its properties.  (Like the Properties or Setup button in
the Print dialog itself would do).

> Section 2.3.4 Default Toolbar layout -- Office Applications
>
>         Re the delete icon: wouldn't a red "X" be better than a trash can
>         for most uses of delete?

Perhaps, but unfortunately GNOME has long comandeered the (black) "X"
icon to mean Close (and, even more confusingly, Cancel).  This always
confused me at first, since of course the "X" icon means "Delete" in
Windoze land.  Obviously we couldn't have the same icon in different
colours to mean different things, so one of the two would have to be
redesigned.

Cheeri,
Calum.