Re: [HIG] Sections that still need people to work on them:

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 02:15:55PM -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> * Desktop
>
> The old desktop integration section (which still needs revising, but I'm
> getting to as soon as icons are done) doesn't really belong in here, I
> think. What is this section intended for, and is it something that we
> really want written more than, say, rewriting one of the "needs to be
> rewritten" sections? We can always add this later, is it critical for
> releasing a GNOME 2 hig?

Somehow I missed the desktop integration section with the proposed reorderings.

These two snips should help. (There may be more.)

From: Adam Elman <aelman users sourceforge net>
Subject: [HIG] Must-change list
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:18:05 -0700
-> <snip>
-> SECTION 6. Integrating Applications with the Desktop
-> ----------------------------------------------------
->
-> 1. Move the section on icons (6.1.1) to its own chapter.
-> 2. Move the technical detail to a separate document (but provide a
-> pointer from the HIG).  The HIG should include a paragraph describing
-> the effects we want to see.
-> From mjs' review:
-> * This separate document should cover .mime, .keys, .application and
->   .desktop files, and should apologize for .desktop and .application
->   files being different.
->
-> * The separate document should _not_ suggest installing a .mime or
->   .keys file for mime types already defined by the system, only for
->   custom app-specific ones. In particular, gnome-vfs already defines
->   all the intersting info for text/html.
-> <snip>