Re: [HIG] Naming

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> The complete title is GNOME Human Interface Guidelines. Therefore it's
> about GNOME interfacing with humans.

Perhaps, technically, it should really be "GNOME Human-Interface
Guidelines", as in "Anglo-American relations"  :o)

> Style implies it's a matter of taste. Standard implies that it's all
> hard and fast, black and white rules. But it's not! Interface design
> is all about gray areas and tradeoffs. The ultimate arbiter of
> correctness is user testing, not any list of rules.

Personally, I'm all for active titles for chapter names, headings, and
the book itself.  I'd call it something like "Designing Wonderful User
Interfaces for GNOME 2.0" (a lame example off the top of my head, but
you get the idea).

Cheeri,
Calum.