Re: [HIG] Capplet buttons/guidelines

sön 2001-12-23 klockan 08.48 skrev Matthew Thomas:

> > > ,------:-------------------------------------------.
> > > |::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
> > > +------:-------------------------------------------+
> > > |  ,   This message scores 7 chillies on the       |
> > > | /!\  flame-o-meter. Are you sure you want to     |
> > > | """  send it?                                    |
> > > |      :                                           |
> > > |      :                                           |
> > > | [?]  ( Don't Send )        ( Cancel ) (( Send )) |
> > > `------:-------------------------------------------'
> >
> > Just out of wild curiosity, what's the difference between "Cancel" and
> > "Don't Send" in this case?
>
> The same as for an unsaved document. `Cancel' returns you to the message
> composition window (cancelling the operation which brought up the alert,
> as usual), whereas `Don't Send' discards the message.

Are you sure this distinction is entirely clear to the user?

I for one would have expected the "Don't Send" button (should there be
one) to not send the message, and bring me back to the message
composition window. I would be very annoyed if it did something else
than it said by also discarding the message; a message that I might have
spent a lot of time writing and maybe just wanted to send later.

Christian