Re: [HIG] Capplet buttons/guidelines

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:47:39PM -0600, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:26:06PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> > Gregory Merchan wrote:
> >
> > > Yet unsaid, afaik: And what UI on earth other than GNOME uses this?
> >
> > Well, every one I've used, certainly; I'm sure I could point you at
> > examples of "Close" buttons in Windoze, CDE, Mac and Amiga dialogs.
> > Their respective styleguides don't give much guidance on when to use it,
> > admittedly (and perhaps for good reason), but it is at least mentioned
> > in the Windoze one-- I don't have the others to hand to check.
>
> I'll look too. I don't recall any guidelines that address it at all.

Here's what I've found:

 Windows: Refers to the close button on the window frame, but not as a
   dialog/alert button.  I was however using it while searching and
   something crashed, so I saw one.

 Java and CUA:  Both allow for a Close button.

 Mac: Does not mention a Close button. Does allow for Done.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan