Re: [HIG] General mutterings

> Well, apart from being St.Andrew's Day, today is the day we were
> originally suppposed to have v1.0 of the mini-HIG written, reviewed and
> complete  :)

Of course, the GNOME2 release itself has also been pushed back, and
we've definitely made a lot of progress.

> So, what is our new plan?

We should discuss this. Shall we have an IRC meeting?

> Is everyone who was originally available to
> write for the HIG still available (some sections don't seem to have
> changed much since their original draft, despite all the review
> comments), or should we be looking to bring in additional writing
> resources with more time to devote to it until we publish?  Should we be
> looking for at least one other person anyway, now that Adam has gone
> over to The Other Side?

I'd be open to that, though it'd largely depend on who the person is.
I'm open to adding people on an individual by individual basis. I don't
think there's a particular size we need to be at (except "reasonably
small"), so anyone who will actually write a fair amount of high quality
content seems like a worthwhile addition. Do you have a specific person
/ people in mind?

> That's all, really; just concerned that our original momentum seems to
> be dwindling a little at the moment, right when we really need to keep
> it going.

Yeah, I put more time into the v0.1 release than I "had", so I need to
throttle back a little on content for a couple weeks. I'm entering end
of quarter, so time is tighter than usual. The good news is that I have
Christmas break after that and no obligations but GNOME :-)

-Seth

Any opinions are impartial and necessarily those of Sun Microsystems