Re: Time -> Money Tracking

Nice to hear that somebody's is making hands dirty in the code!
Certainly, one could write an external script. Trouble with that is
that it can't integrate in the interface.

Ryan's proposal seems to me a bit hackish and also out of the current
scope of hamster though.

Still i wonder if maybe we could allow adding pages to the overview
via some external script sitting in a predefined place in home folder
and subclassing an OverviewPage or something like that.
A limited plugin-system purely for reporting and visualising data.
Script would be a first class citizen of hamster world and could gain
persistence of settings via gconf, but mainly stay as eyes-only or a
quick-and dirty solution.

That way we would make a step towards tweakers but avoid case where i
would have to maintain branch of code i am not using myself.

The effort required to implement something like this shouldn't be too
huge - checking for files, verifying that they subclass what we want
and then talk to them just like we talk to the overview-totals.
And the result, apart from being a poor interface design choice, in
best case could turn out quite well.

Thoughts?

Toms