Hamster and Gnome 3.0

Hi guys,

I've just heard about Hamster and Gnome 3.0, and wanted to ask if you
had any thoughts about integrating hamster with gnome 3.0?

I really like the idea of basing everything on Activities, and using
workspaces to organise activities, and it sounds to me like it could
work really well with hamster.  I could see me having a workspace for
each task, switching between them as needed.

What I would really like are the following features:

1. Task tracking by workspace name
Allow me to link a workspace with an activity, and have hamster start
and stop that activity as I switch to and from that workspace.

2. Task tracking by program
Some tasks aren't going to need their own workspace, so workspace 1
will for me be for miscellaneous tasks.  It might be handy to be able
to associate certain programs with certain tasks, and again have
hamster track my usage automatically.

3. Keyword tracking
I'm not so sure how well this will work, but we're going to be using a
web based helpdesk system, with ticket tracking.  I can see hamster
being useful with this, so I wonder if it might be possible to have
hamster look for certain keywords and create and manage tasks
automatically based on them.

ie:  When I create a new ticket, it will create a new firefox window,
with a title like 'ticket 2478'.  It would be good if hamster could
detect that, create a new activity if needed (based around the ticket
number), and start tracking.  It can then keep tracking regardless of
the program I use until I either switch to another workspace, open
another ticket, or manually change the task.

I really think the combination of those could make for a really
seamless activity tracking system.

thanks,

Ross