Using tomboy's keybinding code, using python-keybinder

Hello hamster-devs,

I'm the developer of a hobby application called kupfer, and well, I
needed keybindings for my application. Just like hamster, I grabbed
them from the deskbar-applet project, simply stole a whole
subdirectory. This is the libtomboy code that does keybindings, so
successfully that it has been cross-copied to lots of projects by now.

I broke out deskbar-applet's module to python-keybinder[2], a separate
package with separate releases. I've released it, but only with very
minor modifications, the code is at it is.

So I simply wanted to say, that the alternative of not copying
keybinder in is there if you want, it can also be an external
dependency. Thanks to Luca Falavigna it is already packaged for Ubuntu
and Debian. It is tracked in github right now, but I can import it
into git.gnome.org now (kupfer has received a git repo here as well).

[1]: http://kaizer.se/wiki/python-keybinder/

Regards,
Ulrik

[Package help follows, as you can see I've shortened the method names,
and that is all. Some doc typos are already fixed in git.]
------------------------
Help on package keybinder:

NAME
    keybinder

FILE
    /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/keybinder/__init__.py

DESCRIPTION
    ``keybinder`` is a python module for gtk-based applications
    registering global key bindings.

    This module originates in `Tomboy`_ as has been widely reused without
    having a separate release. This package has taken the python bindings
    for Tomboy's keybinder from the `Deskbar Applet`_ project, and broken
    it out to be a standalone module.

    The module is licenced under the GNU General Public License v2 (or at
    your option, any later version).

    .. _Tomboy:            http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/
    .. _`Deskbar Applet`:  http://projects.gnome.org/deskbar-applet/

    Homepage: http://kaizer.se/wiki/python-keybinder/

PACKAGE CONTENTS
    _keybinder

FUNCTIONS
    bind(...)
        bind (keystring, callback, user_data) -> bool

        return True on success
        will raise KeyError if keystring is already bound

    get_current_event_time(...)
        get_current_event_time () -> int

    is_modifier(...)
        is_modifier (keycode) -> bool

    unbind(...)
        unbind (keystring)

        will raise KeyError if keystring is not bound

DATA
    __version__ = '0.0.3'

VERSION
    0.0.3