Re: New website for gyrus

Quoting Pedro Villavicencio Garrido <pvillavi gmail com>:

> Hello,

[...]
> > As a consequence of this, all the tarballs which weren't published in
> > the GNOME FTP server[1], and the few Debian packages we had, are lost,
> > together with the website, and screenshots. Cheers.
> >

> crap.. the files should be in the web server... i don't think that the
> administrator (Fabian) deleted them.

The page was hosted in the Uni. de Talca' servers. I already talked with
Alejandro Valdés and "the files were lost during a migration" (?). Fabian was
never in charge of the site. And it's not that important, anyway.

> > Fortunately, I've tagged all the releases I've made in the CVS
> > repository, so I can still generate the old packages and am planning to
> > upload them to the GNOME FTP server. Therefore, there is no real lost on
> > this website abduction, and it'll be only a matter of time.
> >

> Based on your experienced and advice we are going to release hipo 0.3
> tagged, we don't want to lose the packages...

OT: You can always tag a past release, if you know the revision number. Check
the SVN documentation about it.

[...]
> > 1. Write a simple website based in the traditional GNOME stylesheet,
> > using only HTML and CSS. You can see many examples of these websites
> > here[2][3][4].
>
> For hipo i just follow the GNOME Sysadmins Website Guide[1]

Thanks! I'll check it.

[...]

> > 3. Generate and upload the old tarballs to the GNOME FTP server, so they
> > don't get lost again.

I've already generated the tarballs and will upload them tonight.

> > 4. Find a proper place to upload the website. I'm thinking of
> > www.gnome.org/projects/ for this, but still have to think well about it.
> >

> According to the Bugzilla for Projects Maintainers page[2], it should
> be added, we are planning to move the web site of hipo to there for
> 0.3.

You are right. Then that's the place where the page should go.

Thanks Pedro for your comments!

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>

Este correo fue enviado por http://alumnos.utalca.cl