Re: GXml

Just to point.

For 0.6 version, I'm going to:

a) Adding Interfaces to provide GXml with different implementation for parsing/writting XML documents. Most interfaces provides Gee's collections API to access/modify them, making them more easy to use and faster, depending on its implementation.

b) Most classes in GXml 0.4 are moved to a prefix "x", like GXml.Document to GXml.xDocument

c) Most classes in GXml 0.4 are replaced by interfaces,for example, GXml.Document is implemented by xDocument and TwDocument classes

d) Added better support for unknown nodes

e) TwDocument use libxml 2.0 xmlTextWriter to write documents, this makes 3 to 5 times faster when you write large XML documents

f) I'm focusing my work on improve Serializable framework of GXml.

Work to come:

I) Finish renaming 0.4 classes to use an "x" prefix, and convert them to GInterfaces

Planning (suggestions welcome!)

A) Use xmlTextReader form libxml to read XML documents

B) Create DOM level 1 or 2 interfaces and implement them with "x" prefixed classes (from 0.4 release) and/or "Tw" ones

C) Re-implement xDocument and xNode, to use directly libxml structures, to avoid memory and processing overhead

D) Any one else?

Sorry. Found another missed file from test. I've added as for

commit 6db926ecc01d8b22d7e4f4e8cb2572574c1bef01

Should compile again.

thanks :)

Thanks for you Advice.

Fixed at:

commit 0f1cf8a88ca806a1061fa132adeef3b7824fab66

Good news to know some one is following my work on GXml! thanks again.

Hi ;)
Seems you have missed some files when you have commited :

config.status: error: cannot find input file: `test/Makefile.in'

If y disable test (remove 'test' lines in configure.ac & Makefile.am), there are other errors :

make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'Comment.vala', needed by 'gxml_0_6_la_vala.stamp'. Arrêt.
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'Text.vala', needed by 'gxml_0_6_la_vala.stamp'. Arrêt.

for a correct build I have to  checkout old commit.

Sorry for this mail and good luck for your work ;)

Yannick.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)