Re: Xom merge to master?

On 18.07.2014 01:15, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I've merged Xom again to GXml and removed as a library.
>
> GXml 0.4.0 will include all Serializable framework and now compiles for
> Windows too.

The Xom isolation idea maybe is fine, but in reality with such sparse development forces behind
Xom & GXml it is probably not affordable.
Stable & working serialization here and now within GXml framework I personally find much more important than beautiful design with future improvements
potential in the areas of JSON etc,

    T.

>> For some time now I saw no activity on serialization_isolation, style,
>> xpath, newattr and jgs branches.
>>
>> I've started to compare improvements around 0.3.x version against master
>> branch.
>>
>> I don't see great changes, other than API changes, these ones justify a
>> new 0.4 version by it self; this is if we remove Serialization work.
>>
>> But one of the big changes is Serialization framework, witch I think is
>> really tied to GXml and is not necesary to create a new library XOM.
>>
>> I would like to improve GXml in future versions, to add xmlReader like
>> feature to improve Serialization process.
>>
>> One other feature I would like to work on 0.5/0.6 is to add interfaces
>> here and there to allow use different backends other than libxml2. May be
>> some one would like to rewrite it in Vala or use any other xml library
>> engine.
>>
>> One politic I would like to use in GXml is to use odd numbers for
>> unstable/development versions and even for stable.
>>
>> Other politic could be, create a branch for each stable version and push
>> just bug or security fixes.
>>
>> I'll wait for Richard comments for a week, in order to start this work.
>>
>> --
>> Trabajar, la mejor arma para tu superación
>> "de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los
>> cuates: LIBRE)

- --
Tadeusz Szczyrba

Wind-service.com Sp. z o.o.