Status of XmlReader/XmlWriter

Hi!

Richard, thanks for the recent post that appeared on Planet Gnome. The memory/speed overhead sounded reasonable to me; since libxml2 is known to be fast, I'd guess that GXml would also still compare pretty well to many other xml libs.

Since I was mentioned at the end of the post. I feel I should mention the current status of my work: unfortunately, I'm no longer working on the XmlReader/XmlWriter branch of GXml and do not recommend merging it in its current state, since it in many ways do not do what it claims to do.

I grew tired of libxml not doing what I expected, and also I'd started thinking a lot about how to write an xml parser, so that's what I'm doing now, in C using glib/gobject/gio.

This is of course a bit insane, having to deal with corner cases of xml features nobody ever uses anymore, but so far I enjoy it. :) I'll let you know when/if I have anything that might be useful.

By the way, a question - are the docs for GXml available anywhere online? They should be linked from the wiki page!

Regards,
Simon Kågedal Reimer