Re: MIT to LGPL from Mono source

I'm sorry I've sent message to FSF to get some feed back because could be or not a license issue if you copy the code but adapt it to Vala conventions, is it an original work or derived one?
El ago 15, 2013 3:16 p.m., "Simon Kågedal Reimer" <skagedal gmail com> escribió:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I don't think this question of licensing belongs on vala-list since it
> really is unrelated to Vala, but briefly: no, we can't remove or
> change a license on someone else's copyrighted code unless explictly
> allowed in the license, which is not the case with MIT/X11, but it is
> compatible with (and less restrictive than) GPL/LGPL so such code can
> easily be included with an otherwise LGPL:ed library. I don't think
> this is an issue. Anyway, no code is written/ported yet :)

Your right. But any way just asking to FSF.

> While we have vala-list's attention, I'd be curious to hear if anyone
> knows of any succesful ports of C# to Vala. Are there maybe even some
> kind of tool out there that aids with boring, automatable tasks such
> as naming conventions..?

This question was asked before, and because no such tool exists jet, and requires hand made changes, like to use GLib for most operations I think.