Re: [Vala] Announce: Acme.Xml 0.1.0, wrapper for libxml2's xmlTextReader/xmlTextWriter API

El ago 13, 2013 8:45 a.m., "Simon Kågedal Reimer" <skagedal gmail com> escribió:

> Hi Daniel and others!
>
> That sounds great, I would love to incorporate my work into GXml
> eventually if you'd like that. I think for the time being it will be
> easiest to continue work in my repository, until I have something that
> is reasonably solid and tested. I'm working on this in the few hours
> of spare time I can find, so progress is rather slow...

Don't worry all here are volunteers. I would like to see your work in a branch of GXml, it almost compile in master (if not please tell me and can fix it for you).

> I will definitely have a closer look at GXml soon. Last I tried to
> compile it I think I had the wrong Vala version).

May you can merge some of your work in order to see its progress. Remember is a good idea to commit early.

> I've had some problems with libxml2's XmlTextWriter, it seems to me to
> be a bit buggy, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll let you know
> when I have something works. If it's ok, it would be nice if I can use
> this mailing list for issues concering what is currently known as
> "Acme" (silly wordplay on ECMA, if you were wondering :) )

I don't see any problem because they'll be merged in future.

> I've also considered not using libxml2 for at least some parts. The
> XmlWriter would not be too difficult to rewrite in Vala. This would
> make things a little more manageable. I've also peeked in the Mono
> sources, they have an implementation of this that one could try
> porting from C# to Vala.

This is a great idea! Just we need to check license issues.

Richard have the idea to rewrite libxml in Vala any way, may be most of your work will be reused by DOM.

I think use Xml.TextReader behind is really good to parse XML documents.

> By the way, is this list brand new or are the archives not working correctly?

Just Richard have created. These are the firsts messages.

And need to suscribe I think.