Re: Mounting SMB with hooks

st 12. 2. 2020 v 2:17 odesílatel Ángel <gvfs 16bits net> napsal:

On 2020-02-07 at 08:38 +0100, mv bsg de wrote:
Hello, everybody,

I hope I'm in the right place.

Here's my problem. We are using Ubuntu Gnome in operation on several
clients. For various reasons some of them don't want to and can't do
without Microsoft office. As a compromise we now use PlayOnLinux and
Office 2010. This works very well except for the access to SMB shares.
GVFS creates a directory under

/run/user/uid/gvfs/smb-share:server=192.168.0.1,share=test'

  And here is also our problem with the ":" the directory cannot be
opened in Office/Wine. I have found out by searching and trying that if
I put an "ln -s ... ~/network" the access is possible without problems.

But I do not expect the users to create them themselves. I would like to
know if I can change the name of the share directory by configuration.
As an alternative I could also create a hook in form of a bash script
that creates the link. Unfortunately I did not find it described in the
documentation.

Thanks for any help.

Hello

A quick look at the code shows that there is no such configuration
setting.
A change like the (untested) below patch would _probably_ allow to
change that character to something else.

How are those shares mounted? If the clients have a permanent
connection, maybe you can automatically mount the shares and create the
links on user login.

Kind regards

Hi all,

this has already been reported on
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/issues/421. I can confirm that
there isn't any configuration option for it at this time. Probably the
only way to work around this is to use symlinks. If you have problems
only with a colon, then we can probably do something with this, but
the upstream issue says that there are more problematic characters and
there isn't any easy way how to replace them all. The names need to be
unique and it has to be possible to reconstruct the GMountSpec objects
from them...

Regards

Ondrej