OT: Gnome Logging

Hi, I know this question is more general than gvfs, but I didn't want to
join another mailing list... Does anybody know how to turn down or
redirect logging produced by Gnome 3? I have a Debian Jessie system, and
my messages log keeps blowing up past 8GB. It looks like about 95% of
the messages are Gnome debugging messages. Most of that 95% seem to be
debug messages from various apps using glib or gtk, and there are also a
lot of Gnome Shell warnings repeated thousands of times. Is there any
global way to reduce or redirect these messages?

--
Christopher Howard
Computer Assistant