Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS

Hello list, I ran into this problem that appeared after I upgraded from
Debian Jessie to Stretch. I use Nautilus to access a file share being
served by Windows 2008. I use KeePass to access some KeePass database
on that file share. Now, when I go to save/sync any database to dish
(i.e., the share) I receive the message

Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS

The software apparently doesn't have a fallback method, so to save the
database I must save to a completely new file, then manually delete and
replace.

It seems like what is happening is that KeePass is trying to copy its
temp file onto the main file, and some API doesn't like that. The
Windows 2008 server hasn't changed as far as I know (except regular
security updates), so presumably either something changed in gnome, or
something changed in KeePass, in the upgrade from Jessie to Stretch.
Anyway, I can pursue a bug report with Debian or with KeePass, but I
was hoping somebody would have some helpful insight. And maybe there is
a setting I can change in gnome?

--
Christopher Howard
Computer Assistant