Re: Gvfs and Server-side SMB copy

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 11:55:08 -0700, Jeremy Allison <jra samba org>
wrote :

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 05:49:59PM +0100, Saint Germain wrote:

Connection through smbclient is done with protocol SMB2_10 (checked
with smbstatus).

Connecting throught Nautilus/Gvfs is also done with protocol
SMB2_10, however it is not possible to copy anything anymore (I got
an error "invalid argument", throught Nautilus or throught
command-line cp).

Can you get me a wireshark capture trace and also debug level 10
log from the smbd server ? I'd like to see what the client is trying
to do.

You can log this as a bug at the samba bugzilla if you like.

I've updated Gvfs to version 1.30.1.1-1 (Debian Testing) and I am now
able to copy directory with files inside.

However the copy doesn't seem to be done server-side. And especially
the copy doesn't seem to be done instantaneously (like what we should
expect from a copy with BTRFS reflink).

Perhaps I am misunderstanding something ?

I thought that Gvfs would use my smbclient (v4.4.6) and automatically
send the FSCTL_SRV_COPYCHUNK which would be interpreted as
BTRFS_IOC_CLONE_RANGE by the samba server (v4.2.10).

Connection manually through smbclient and issueing 'scopy' instructions
works (instantaneous copy) so the problem doesn't seem to be on the
server.

Link to the log.smbd, where I try to copy one directory:
http://dl.free.fr/sXGUw7L4k

Thanks for the help !