Changes in gvfsfusedaemon.c in 1.23.1 broke SQLite file locking on SMB

Hi,

running on Ubuntu 15.04, I am not able to open SQLite databases that sit on an SMB share for writing. For example, Calibre and KeePassX both refuse to use/write to a database on an SMB share. This was however working fine on Ubuntu 14.10. The SQLite folks told me this would be primarily due to the SQLite being unable to obtain a file lock on the database file.

After some bisecting, I identified gvfs version 1.23.1 as the first version where these applications fail to write to the database. Specifically, when I replace the content of `client/gvfsfusedaemon.c` in 1.23.1 with the contents of the file from 1.22.4, the databases works fine even with the remaining changes from 1.23.1.

Is someone here able to identify what specific part of the changes in that file might have broken SQLite file locking behavior?

Thanks,
Markus