Re: GVFS Working, But Corresponding FUSE Mounts Are Not

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 09:17:21AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2015-08-11 at 16:15 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Sny tips for when accessing a GVFS mount via Nautilus works but does
not appear in /run/user/1000/gvfs, as if the FUSE mount doesn't
happen?

Only happens on one openSUSE tumbleweed install, other is OK. It
worked
before a recent package update; we do most of our file editing via
GVFS
WebDAV & SFTP so it is pretty frustrating.  GVFS & FUSE package
versions are the same on both hosts.

Unrelated to FUSE mounts all workstations do experience occasional long
brown-outs when editing files via GVFS;  GEdit becomes unresponsive
although 'GNOME' works.  Then suddenly it works again.

Can you open a bug against GVFS for this so it can be debugged further?
It might be a GEdit bug where it's doing a synchronous operation in the
mainloop and it's only noticed because the synchronous operation is now
happening over the network instead of hitting the local disk.

--
Ross Lagerwall