Re: Writing a GVFS backend

Bastien Nocera writes:
On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 12:44 +0200, jf dockes org wrote:
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is a FAQ, please just point me to the right
place... The question:

Is it possible to write a GVFS backend out of the Gnome source tree ?

No. The API isn't public.

Thanks, and sorry to be a little thick, just so I'm sure I fully understand:
this means that there is no way to extend (à la KIO) a GVFS/GIO-based file
manager to support another kind of "file store/catalog" except by modifying
Gnome source ?

Cheers,

jf