Dynamically changing emblems without refresh

Hi,

I'm trying to set dynamic emblems like in Dropbox where when a file is being synchronized, its emblem changes and when it's synced, it again changes. And this doesn't require a manual refresh.

But when I use
gvfs-set-attribute -t stringv ~/Desktop/test.txt metadata::emblems "my-emblem"

It requires a refresh on the folder. How can I get rid of this refresh requirement and automatically refresh nautilus like Dropbox?

I could not see this refreshing point in their C code.

In the nautilus-python, add_emblem method exists but I could not find a quick-example (not as an extension class) for using it..