Re: gvfsd-dav SIGABRT when using WebDAV [& how-to-get-a-core?]

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 08:46 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> I use WebDAV via GVFS a *LOT*. Our server works fine for every box -
> exept by laptop.  On my laptop a save or copy-to frequently fails with a
> not-mounted error.

The "not-mounted" error usually represents backend disappearing
unexpectedly, i.e. crashing or aborting.

> write(2, "**\nGLib:ERROR:gmain.c:2781:g_mai"..., 97) = 97

Would be interesting to get full message here.

> Packages:
>   gvfs-1.14.2-1.2.x86_64
>   gvfs-backends-1.14.2-1.2.x86_64

FYI, we made some changes in 1.15.1 lately, check it out.

> How does one get a core dump from GVFS?  I'd like to at least be able to
> do a backtrace.

Yes, backtrace and repro steps are crucial for debugging. Once you got
the backtrace, please put it in bugzilla.

The easiest way is to let gvfs spawn the backend and then attach gdb to
it. E.g. `gdb /usr/libexec/gvfsd-dav 1234` where 1234 is PID of the
running process. When it attaches, continue the process and grab
backtrace when it fails.
--
Tomas Bzatek