Re: Writing tests for gvfs

Hello again,

Martin Pitt [2012-08-23 17:13 +0200]:
> FYI, my current TODO list for this is to add tests for cifs (with local
> samba server), ftp (python has builtin FTP server API), cdrom (with
> scsi-debug), and USB stick (scsi-debug with a small patch I've been
> trying to get upstream for 3 months now), as well as completing the
> archive:// ones and adding more checks to sftp://.

For the record, most of these exist now, except for the USB stick one
as that's blocked on getting a response to my scsi_debug patch [1].

The files in my /tmp URL are horribly out of date now, so if you want
to look at the current version, they are on:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/quantal/gvfs/quantal/files/head:/debian/tests/

They are currently being exercised for the daily Ubuntu development
release packages:

  https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Quantal/view/AutoPkg%20Test/job/quantal-adt-gvfs

but it would be nice to extend that in the future to test the
plumging/GNOME git heads in e. g. Colin Walter's OSTree builds, so
that regressions get spotted as soon as possible. For that, the tests
should preferably be upstream, and we should agree to a common way to
call them ("make installcheck" or so?)

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg60332.html