GVFS + LibreOffice + WebDAV

I can use my WebDAV server [OpenGroupware Coils] via GVS / Nautilus
without issue; at least with GNOME applications.  I frequently edit
files in gedit from the WebDAV share.  I browse there in nautilus open
the file, edit, save.  In nautilus I can create, open, delete files,
create directories... awesome.

In LibreOffice I can File -> Open, navigate to the WebDAV share, open
files, etc...

But in Nautilus if I File - > Open (open with LibreOffice) then
LibreOffice fails to open the file with a "general error".  I don't see
any error responses from the server or requests/responses that looks
strange  [except that someone make numerous requests without
authentication].

Tips?  Suggestions?