Re: Bug: WebDAV sites mounted in .gvfs are not writeable

> When a WebDAV folder is mounted within the .gvfs folder it is not
> possible to append/write to a file. Is this a bug?
> This is apparent when mounting a remote server using Nautilus and then
> using the .gvfs folder. I have not tried mounting manually.

What WebDAV server are you using?   I read/create/edit files via a
WebDAV mount from an OpenGroupware Coils <http://www.opengroupware.us>
server every day.

> The effect is most noticeable when trying to open a LibreOffice /
> OpenOffice file. When double-clicking a file in (for example)
> Nautilus, LibreOffice cannot open the file (because it cannot write to
>  it or create new files) and instead shows the error "General
> input/output error while accessing ..."

Yes.  I've never seen LibreOffice be able to use files over WebDAV, at
least for several of the server's I've experimented with.