Fwd: Issue with gvfs-mount

Hello all,

I'm running a small subset of GNOME applications (not the full desktop
environment), and I've discovered I need to use GVFS to get Banshee
and Rhythmbox to work. I'm having difficultly getting gvfs-mount to
work properly. My device (an HTC Vision) shows up in gvfs-mount -l:

sib@westley:~$ gvfs-mount -l
Drive(0): CD/DVD Drive
 Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
Drive(1): 250 GB Hard Disk
 Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
 Volume(0): windows
   Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
 Volume(1): 40 GB Filesystem
   Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
Drive(2): HTC Android Phone
 Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
 Volume(0): 8.3 GB Filesystem
   Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)

But doing a gvfs-mount -d /dev/sdb1 produces this:

sib@westley:~$ sudo gvfs-mount -d /dev/sdb1
No volume for device file /dev/sdb1

I'm not very familiar with GNOME internals, so I'm at a bit of a loss
as to what to do next. I've not seen very many other results for this
error message. I cloned the gvfs source, but my C is lousy at best and
I really didn't make it anywhere. Any help anyone could offer would be
much appreciated.

Ellie