Re: Could connect GVFS session bus from a root privilege program?

2010/5/13 danny <tornadory 163 com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem that I need get the information from GVFS(I thought it is),
> but the program run as root users.
>
> I use g_volume_monitor_get() to get a monitor for the removable devices and
> do something while removable devices connect or disconnect, it works
> normally while run as  a plain user but failed when run as the root user.

GVfs relies on the session message bus to coordinate the multiple
processes that the whole GVfs framework relies on. It is a well-known
problem that it won't work if you are root. And I don't think that's
going to change anytime soon, sorry.

     David