Re: archive in write mode?

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 13:50 +0100, David Versmisse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just a little question: If i understand, we can only mount an
> archive in a read only. Do you plan to add the possibility to mount
> an archive in a read/write mode ?
>
> By advance, thank you for your reply, and thank you very much for
> your library!

I think libarchive does support writing for some types of archives, but
I'm not sure its a good idea to use that. There are probably all sorts
of issues with doing this, wrt concurrency, caching and similar things.

Its generally a better idea to create archives in a one-off fashion.
That way you get better compression, better performance, and it works
for all types of archives. And with nautilus file-roller integration
this is not that hard.