Re: gphoto2 backend fixes

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 14:45 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Here's a patch that fixes a couple of problems with gphoto2 devices
>
>  - The support for multiple storage heads broke some buggy devices (such
>    as the iPhone) for which the basedir of the storage head changes
>    every time the device is initialized.

I'd rather we special-cased those devices with only one storage head in
the gphoto2 monitor, and passed a "gphoto2://[usb:1,1,1]/store_XXXXXX"
URI as the top-level (instead of the exact store name).

>  - There was a silly logical bug that prevented us from detecting music
>    players reported by HAL.

I don't think that's a logical bug. In 1.0, we disabled auto-mounting of
music players as it would break applications that used libmtp.

>  - Minor cleanups in the gphoto2 volume monitor.
>
> The next item on my list is to make the rest of the desktop handles
> shadowed mounts. There are two ways to fix this

The patch you posted gives me 3 mounts in nautilus, one top-level daemon
one, and one for each storage head.

One problem that I can see is that we can still go up from the root of
the shadow mounts, so gphoto2://[usb:1,1,1]/store_XXXXX has a parent,
which it shouldn't have.

I was under the impression that nautilus already knew about shadow
mounts...

Cheers