Re: question about HAL support of GVFS
- From: Jedy Wang <Jedy Wang Sun COM>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: Lin Guo <Lin Guo Sun COM>, Jie Jane Zhang <Jane Zhang Sun COM>, gvfs-list gnome org, Harry Lu <Harry Lu Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: question about HAL support of GVFS
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:49:01 +0800
Thanks, David. It does help.
On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:05 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Sorry for the lag.
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 13:56 +0800, Jedy Wang wrote:
> > > I am a developer from Solaris desktop team. Currently we are making
> > plan
> > > to port DeviceKit-disks to Solaris and want to make sure how much
> > time
> > > we have left. So I want to ask how long will the HAL be supported by
> > > GVfs. Do you have any plan when will HAL be dropped?
> There are no immediate plans to remove the HAL backend from the GVfs
> tree - it basically doesn't cost anything to keep it around.
> On the other hand it probably won't see much testing (or bug fixing)
> from the Linux side since current and future Linux distros will likely
> use the gnome-disk-utility backend.
> Hope this helps.
] [Thread Prev