Re: gvfs crash

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 22:19 +0400, Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:

> Look like i must say.... Thank you all!
>
> Thank Hans for making patch. Thank Alexander for coordinate our work
> and anayze problem! Thank Alexey for debugging :) Thank community to
> create great product!
>
> gvfs-fuse work's fine for one hour with hi load: playing mp3, file
> transver, ubuntu installatin with remote harddisk attached via fuse...
>
> Problem is gone!

Awesome. Thanks a lot for hanging in there and helping us debug this,
Alexey.

I think it's kind of cruel of FUSE to call the final release() on a file
that's still in an I/O call. The only solution appears to be to keep a
hash table of all your handles with a global lock around it.

If Alexander doesn't think it's too risky, maybe this fix should go into
the stable branch too.

--
Hans Petter