Re: gvfs and samba domains

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 15:09 +0100, Paolo Abeni wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would like to configure the user name (and possibly the password) to
> be used for mounting samba location with gvfs. If I have understood,
> currently the workgroup can be specified via gconf, but I was not able
> to find similar option for username and password.

Generally it will ask you for the user name and password. However if an
anon login succeeds then it won't. You can solve this by adding the
username to the uri (and then e.g. bookmarking it).

For instance, you could go to and then bookmark:

 smb://paolo myserver/share/

The only way to save the password is to use the keyring in the dialog
that pops up when logging in on the share.