Re: HTTP writing

Hey Michael,

> Since I'd rather not duplicate all that code (and subclassing DAV
> isn't necessarily the right thing to do either), would ya'll accept a
> patch that moves the generic PUT/DELETE stuff into the HTTP backend?

I'd be willing to do that, but of course then we will need a virtual
"stat" function that needs to be implemented differently by WebDAV. That
stat function is necessary mainly for DELETE, since we shouldn't be
deleting directory that are not empty. So we first have to "stat" the
target to see if that precondition is fulfilled. Also a lot of old
apache servers (or mod_dav) are broken and can't handle the
"If-None-Match" header correctly. So we need to "stat" in the case of
the _create () call.
Once I thought of a good virtual stat function, I'll do the move, but
only on trunk.

Cheers,
Christian