Re: [guppi-list] Trying to compile/port Guppi-0.40.3 on cygwin -- problems with source code in guppi-scatter-state.c

Milind Kamble wrote:

Hi.
 I tried to port Guppi-0.40.3 to cygwin (on the path
to getting Gnucash running on cygwin). I have had good
success compiling all the plug-ins code. However, the
compilation fails on linking of cygguppi_scatter.dll
which is the cygwin name of the guppi_scatter.la
shared library. The problem is that in the source code
for guppi-scatter-state.c {Guppi-0.40.3.tar.bz2 has
the version $Id: guppi-scatter-state.c,v 1.29
2002/01/21 02:30:28 jody Exp $} there is a call to
guppi_seq_boolean_new() on line 529. This function is
not defined in any of the Guppi source files.

So, am I using the right sources for Guppi? Has there
been any updates to the source code. Gnome LXR CVS
browser is disabled, and Bonsai does not show any
files at the directory plug-ins/plot/scatter (but it
shows old files in the plug-ins/plot/scatter/Attic
directory). Hence I cannot browse CVS to see what is
latest. I am thus confused on which source version of
Guppi to use.

Thanks
Milind

Guppi is no longer maintained and Guppi-0.40.3 has been the last release. I don't remember having problems compiling this version of Guppi, but I cannot do it anymore because necessary libraries are not more available in my system.

A solution to your problem might be to replace
guppi_seq_boolean_new ();
by:
guppi_type_new (GUPPI_TYPE_SEQ_BOOLEAN);

Best regards,

Jean Bréfort