Re: [guppi-list] strip charts

Quoting Steven Jenkins <steven jenkins ieee org>:

> The application allows the user to create (via scripting) simple x-y
> plots and strip charts, intermixed with text boxes. An example can be
> seen at http://home1.gte.net/res000mx/tidal.gif. The strip charts in
> this case are all the same size, but the user has control of size,
> aspect ratio, and placement.
[snip]
> Can guppi make strip charts? If not, would it be hard to add? I'm
> willing to contribute, although I am a newbie at user interfaces. My
> primary objective at this point is to reproduce the old DOS
> functionality on Linux, and then move from there into new capabilities.
> So I am looking for something that will work quickly and easily, at
> least for now.

I've definitely seen an app do this recently; it was only one graph at a time,
but I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem to be able to nest them. IIRC it was a
demo app that came with the source. Just to check: you basically want
'real-time' plotting, with the graphic continually updating, sort-of like on an
oscilloscope?

But I can't remember if that demo app was based on guppi, or whether it was from
scigraphica/gtkextra. So my advice would probably be to look at either of those
two, since I'm fairly sure that its possible with one of them! Scigraphica is
not on the 'other plotting programs' link on the guppi homepage, but can be
found at scigraphica.sf.net

--
Neil