Re: [guppi-list] a few probs withGuppi-0.40.3

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 16:33, Mathew Yeates wrote:

> > On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 16:14, Mathew Yeates wrote:
> > > 1. In libguppiplot, the large number of -I flags
> > > on the compile line caused me trouble (assemble errors
> > > of all things). Replacing the large number of
> > > these repetive flags with a minimal subset made the problem go away.
> >
> > What platform are you building on?  Are you using gcc?
>
> gcc3.0.3 with the native assembler and loader on Irix6.5

The only thing I can think of is that libtool is breaking because you
have the Irix versions of the basic unix utils installed instead of the
gnu ones.

I've seen something like this before on Solaris: the Solaris sed has a
stupid hard-wired limit that causes it to truncate long lines (like the
ones produced by libtool), generating mysterious errors.  The GNU tools
are generally of much higher quality.

Of course you might already have the gnu sed installed, which would
shoot this theory down...

-JT