Re: [guppi-list] Problems with guppi 0.40.0 and gnumeric (I think gnucash too)

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 01:24:40AM -0500, James LewisMoss wrote:
> I'm getting a crash in the guppi libs or guppi-gnumeric.  I haven't
> figured out a good way to get a gdb backtrace of this yet.  Any
> suggestions welcome.  Anyway.
>
> I run guppi-gnumeric in an xterm.  It just pauses.  Then I run
> gnumeric from the menu.  I press the little barchart icon on the
> toolbar and a dialog appears.  I can choose any type of chart in the
> top box without trouble.  But pressing Next gets me a gnome crash
> notice box for guppi-gnumeric and the following messages.
This is exactly the right way to debug things.
Ensure that there are no copies of guppi-gnumeric running.
Then load the version of guppi-gnumeric from your path that would be
run by oaf.
eg
    <prefix>/bin/guppi-gnumeric

if you run it in gdb then run gnumeric you should get useful
backtraces.

> guppi:gnumeric-CRITICAL **: file guppi-gnumeric-graph.c: line 860 (gup_gnm_graph_generate_series): assertion `manager->arrangement_len >= 1' failed.
Hmm this suggests that there is no data.  Hoewver, I can not
replicate that with gnumeric-0.75 and cvs guppi.

> PS: These will eventually be the debian packages of guppi, but since I
> haven't gotten them working yet I haven't uploaded.
Please hurry.