Re: [guppi-list] gnome-config --libs libguppi

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:57:55AM -0400, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 09:58:18AM -0400, Charles Gagnon wrote:
> > Nobody knows? Where could I find out?
>
> I think I know.  Sorry for missing your first post.

No problem, we're all busy.

> > On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 05:29:33PM -0400, Charles Gagnon wrote:
> > > I have a problem compiling gnucash w/ guppi (python support
> > > enabled) on SunOS5.8. I'm not too too familiar with the Gnome
> > > infrastructure but it seems like I would need the:
> > >
> > >     gnome-config --libs libguppi
> > >
> > > check to return:
> > >
> > >     -L/usr/local/python2.0/config -lpython2.0
> > >
> > > in addition to whatever it currently returns. The thing is I
> > > don't know who or what to modify to get that behavior. Any
> > > help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Well, the lame answer is that you can edit libguppiConf.sh (which
> should be in $(PREFIX/lib) to add those two flags.

I tried that already. The gnucash compile is still running.

> The non-lame answer is more subtle.  Looking back over guppi, I
> see that I originally included the lib information for python in Guppi's
> list of libraries to link against, but commented it out in configure.in
> (line 467) because of a problem building on platforms where only
> static python libs are available.
>
> Some distros (ie Debian) ship both static & shared python libs.  However,
> many python RPMs only contain static libs.  Also, if you build python
> directly from the tarball, the default behavior is to only install
> static libs.
>
> I wonder if there is a portable way to detech if the shared python libs
> are available.  I'd like to get this sorted out before I release 0.35.4
> (which I had hoped to do today...)

That would be perfect. In the mean time, could we add a flag
--with-shared-python or something like that. That could
enough for now no?

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody

   Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the
   change to take effect. Reboot now?  [ OK ]