[guppi-list] guppi compilation problem

Hi all,

After running configure without errors (at least error
messages) I typed make and I got the following error:

../libguppiplot/.libs/libguppiplot.so: undefined
reference to `glade_xml_get_widget'
../libguppiplot/.libs/libguppiplot.so: undefined
reference to `glade_xml_new'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [demo] Error 1

What should I do?

BTW I only want to run GnuCash; ; got binary (Mandrake
RPM) from their site, installling and can not run
because something related to PYTHONHOME and `cannot
import site` ....; I searched the net and somebody
said that it is because of guppi library part linked
with python. (I used the binary guppi RPM from
Mandrake cooker); then I am told to recompile guppi
without python support. I dont know how things are so
complicated like that when it should not be (at least
all version I used is said to be *stable*). For
example guppi source I use version 0.35.5 etc.. . IMHO
the configure script should be revised some points to
detect the system configuration more accurately. For
example: it should detect if the system has libdb1
development packages (it doesn't, run configure is
okay but make gave me several errors relating to some
packages not installed. I have to fix that, until now
I got stumped)

BTW I am using Linux Mandrake 8.0 if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

=====
S.KIEU

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!