Re: Guppi 0.34.5 released

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 12:35:47PM +0300, Teemu Ikonen wrote:
> First the build died with
>
> guppi-boxplot-item.c: In function guppi_boxplot_item_update':
> guppi-boxplot-item.c:294: invalid lvalue in assignment
> guppi-boxplot-item.c:302: invalid lvalue in assignment
>
> The offending lines were
> 294:      stdout = devnull;
> 302:      stdout = stdout_copy;

<grumble>  This is from temporarily redirecting stdout to /dev/null
because libart_lgpl spews out a bunch of (apparently meaningless)
warnings.  In the back of my mind I had worried about if it was
portable.  I guess not...

> The resulting binary started ok, found all the plugins, and the data
> importer seemed to work as it should. Then I tried to plot one of the
> sample data with scatterplot and the program segfaulted and spewed this to
> the terminal:

Can you e-mail me a backtrace?  You can get that by doing:

% cd ~foo/Guppi-0.34.5/src/guppi
% gdb guppi
GNU gdb 19990928
<blah blah>
(gdb) run
<do stuff to cause the segfault>
(gdb) backtrace
<big spew of useful info>

-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.