Snapshot #2 & a Guppi/Python update

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the Jun 18th snapshot.  It
led to a number of fixes, mostly related to the build: configure will
now be more aggressive about insisting on having recent versions of
certain libraries.

I've made a new snapshot for people to try.  It is available at:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi/snapshots/Guppi-2000-06-19.tar.gz.

The big news is that, besides having all of the bug & build fixes, it
also has *working* Python bindings.  Another round of thanks to Andrew
Chatham, who has been working overtime on this.

I've also attached a canned pie chart demo to the UI, under the "Plot"
menu.  Right now you can only create/manipulate pie charts via
scripting, but I'm sure that that will change...

You all know the drill: download, build, run, report. :-)

Enjoy,
-JT

--
GNU/Linux: Free your mind and your OS will follow.