Re: [guppi-list] Guppi 0.33.1 experimental RPM

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 03:11:19PM -0800, Kenny Graunke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made an RPM of Guppi 0.33.1 for Red Hat 6.1. You can find it at:
> http://www.teleport.com/~graunke/Guppi/

The problem with segfaults on Red Hat could very possibly a guile
problem, since the scatter plot is created by evaling a short piece of
guile code.

Maybe someone at Red Hat could package guile 1.3.4 and put in on
rawhide.  (I know that at least one RH employee is reading this...)

> Under Mandrake 7, it aborts when you try to plot anything, complaining
> about missing .glade files. If you download them and put them in your
> working directory - then run Guppi, it appears to work.

Guppi searchs for .glade files in . and $(PREFIX)/share/guppi/glade.
Where is the RPM putting them?

> I'd appreciate it if people would try it out. I'm not sure if the
> problems are Guppi's, or more likely my RPM's.

Thanks for doing this.  Once we get the kinks worked out, I'll move
the RPM over to ftp.gnome.org.

-JT

--
COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton