Guile 1.3.4 RPMS r1 (Fish Food) Released

from the duct-tape-doesn't-fix-broken-libraries dept.

[Please excuse the semi-offtopicness, but due to lack of a working Guile
1.3.4 RPM, I've posted this here.]

Hello,

After yesterday's broken libguilereadline.so fiasco, I got fed up and
decided to make my own working Guile packages.

* Availability:
    - http://www.teleport.com/~graunke/RPMS/guile-1.3.4-1.i386.rpm
    - http://www.teleport.com/~graunke/RPMS/guile-devel-1.3.4-1.i386.rpm
* Why to upgrade:
    - Working libguilereadline.so - or at least it works with Guppi,
      and has a believable filesize.
    - It's guile 1.3.4, so it will work with Guppi.
* Warnings:
    - I do not guarantee any of my packages will work. If it breaks,
      you get to keep the pieces - although dropping me an e-mail might
      fix it.
    - Your mileage may vary, especially if you try it without the devel
      package.

Okay, I've been reading Gnotices too much. : )

These work for me. They were built on a Mandrake 7.0 system but they are
not Mandrake RPMS (no pentium optimizations, bzip2ing of info files...).
Mandrake 7 users will need to use the --oldpackage option to RPM to
upgrade their guile.

I've also put up a Guppi RPM (1rl) which assumes you have a working
readline (read: you're using my package) at:
http://www.teleport.com/~graunke/RPMS/guppi-0.34.1-1rl.i386.rpm

If you try it and guppi fails with libguilereadline.so errors, you need
the broken readline version (0.34.1-1).

Enjoy!

--Kenny: )