[guppi-list] Re: guppi-tank crashes

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 02:07:50PM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> the second error surprising ... I read the guppi code, ad it looks like
> it realy really really wants a title or subtitle .. that can't be right
> (seems valid to me to have graphs without titles).

<contempt_for_users>
This assert is in the GuppiObjectTitle, which is only used for
putting titles on other graphs.  So if you don't want to put a title
on a graph, don't pack it into a GuppiObjectTitle.
</contempt_for_users>

...but you are totally correct that this should be a warning, not an
assert.  Or maybe not even an error; the right behavior is probably to
just silently do nothing.  I'll fix it (and move the RPMs you guys
made to ftp.gnome.org) tomorrow, when I'll return from sunny Florida
to icy, barren Chicago. :(

-JT